The QPS software requires that courses/instances (kurs/kurstillfälle) are correctly set-up and that appropriate privileges are assigned to you. Please contact the person responsible for your course if the course/instance or menus referenced below are not visible or if error messages appear.
Time estimate to perform tasks in this tutorial
Learn how to mark (evaluate and score) essay questions.
Who can see content created in this tutorial
The teachers who are assigned the evaluator role can see the questions answered by students. The students' names have been replaced with a number to protect their identities
|Goal||Learn how to mark (evaluate and score) essay questions.|
The exam needs to be closed before evaluation can be done
You need to be added as evaluator, in the exams Tasks & Roles
TABLE OF CONTENTS
You will find your Evaluator assignments in the My exam activities page
- Click on the exam you want to evaluate
QPS supports co-marking, it works as follows: 1. Several evaluators can be assigned to evaluate the same questions 2. All comments/feedback are shared, i.e. all evaluators co-write the texts. The last version is the one the student receives.
- Click on on a question to evaluate the answers
The progress bar indicates how many answers that have been evaluated at least once by at least one evaluator
- The system will open up the first none-evaluated student answer
- Score the answer according to the Marking instructions, and if relevant write a comment
- Click on Submit evaluation (the System will take you to the next student answer)
Students are anonymized, hence represented by a number (ID) during evaluation
- When you have completed evaluating. That is, all answers to all the questions that have been assigned to you have been evaluated at least once. Click Submit evaluation to finish.