The QPS software requires that courses/instances (kurs/kurstillfälle) are correctly set-up and that appropriate privileges are assigned to you. Please contact the person responsible for your course if the course/instance or menus referenced below are not visible, and no error messages appear.
Time estimate to perform tasks in this tutorial
- Individual scored exam – preliminary (via mail)
- Head Evaluator - final submit
- Review of Grades
- remove candidate
- remove question
- Cohen calculations
- Pass mark
- Publish exam
- Individual scored exam - final (mail/publish)
- Individual report with exam part (final)
Angoff: relies on subject-matter experts (SMEs) who examine the content of each test question (item) and then predict how many minimally-qualified candidates would answer the item correctly. The average of the judges' predictions for a test question becomes its predicted difficulty.
Cohen: Cohen is a method of establishing a cut-off score by taking 60% of the score achieved by the 95th percentile candidate.Passmark: is how many marks do you need to pass the exam
Who can see content created in this tutorial
Examiners can see the analysis menus. The reports can be seen by students (students can only see their own data), teachers and course administrator.
|Goal||Learn the routines after an examination. How to remove a candidate with no data or very little data to avoid strange statistics. How to remove a question from an exam and do correct passmark calculations. Work which leads to a fair exam.|
The exam needs to be closed before this tutorial can be used.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Select exam in post processing mode
- Select Course
- Select Course instance
- Click on Edit exam, to select the exam to analyze
Individual scored exam – preliminary (via e-mail)
Under the Reports tab a number of reports are available. The first report to send is the Individual scored exam – preliminary. The purpose of sending this report is that the students get a few days to look at their given answers and the correct answers, side by side.
- At the row Individual scored exam (preliminary), click on the letter icon. All students in the exam will receive the report, as an attachment in an e-mail.
- Go the the Evaluation tab
- In the Status section, click at Submit Evaluation
- Go the the Grades tab
- This tab contains all the corrected answers divided by students. You can look or edit a students result by clicking at the student in the list.
- Click at the Edit Evaluation for a question, do view or edit that question (both points and comments)
- (if edit) Click at Save
This tab contains a variety of different analysis tools, which will be handled in a separate Analysis tutorial.
Remove a candidate
Sometimes you need to remove a candidate from the exam, for various reasons, before the final analysis and calculation of passmarks.
- Click on Exclude Candidate in the Excluded candidate section
A popup window appears.
- Select the candidate that you want to remove from exam from the dropdown menu.
- Confirm by clicking Exclude candidate
Excluded candidates section has been updated with the removed candidate name.
Remove a question
Remove a question is an important function. For example you may have added a question from another content, or maybe a question has the wrong answer.
- Go the the Item performance tab
A list with exam questions appear.
- To remove a question from the exam click the X in the last column of the row that contains the question you want to remove.
A popup window appears, Exclude question
- Write a comment for the removal (not mandatory)
- Confirm the removal by clicking Exclude question
Confirmation of the removal is found in the Overview tab
If you accidentally removed the wrong question, click on the +-icon.
Cohen (not mandatory)
If you would like to use Cohen to calculate passmark
- In the Pass marks section, click on Cohen.
A popup window appears, Cohen´s pass mark calculator
- Click on Calculate pass mark
The result is displayed in the popup window.
If you would like to use the calculated pass mark, update the Info tab with the displayed information.
- Set passmark in %
- Click Save
Select the Info tab
- Set passmark in % (how many % of maximum score to pass exam)
- Click on Save
To finalize the changes with the post processing of the exam, we need to "Publish grades".
Once the grades are published it is no longer possible to change the exam.
- Under the Info tab, click on Publish Grades
Individual scored exam - final
Under the report tab a number of report are available. When the grades are published choose Individual scored exam – final. The purpose of this report is to send the students their final results.
- At the row Individual scored exam (final), click on the letter icon. All students in the exam will receive the report, as an attachment in an e-mail.
Individual report with exam parts (final)
Under the report tab a number of report are available. If the exam consists of several parts you can use the report Individual report with exam parts – final. The purpose of this report is for the students to see how they performed at each part of the exam.
- At the row Individual scored exam parts (final), click on the letter icon. All students in the exam will receive the report, as an attachment in an e-mail.
To finalize the post processing changes of the exam, you need to Publish grades. By doing this no more changes can be done.
- Under the Info tab, click on Publish Grades
Did you know the system can help you to calculate a good pass mark